ECPI University subsidizes the expense of all exams on the list of approved certifications, and may distribute subsidized vouchers for certain exams. Vouchers for undergraduate students must be used before graduation.
Subsidized Voucher Rate*
Voucher rates are reviewed periodically and may be subject to change as the prices of certifications change.
The University subsidizes one retake voucher per failed exam. Vendor guidelines apply to the time allowed between the first failed test and the retake. Vouchers are not available for purchase from the test center after the first retake (2nd failed attempt).
More certification polices are available in the ECPI University Catalog.
Here is a brief overview of the certification exam preparation, approval, and registration process:
1. Confirm the exam you want to take is on the approved list of certifications. If you want to take an exam that isn't on the approved list, you will not be able to use an ECPI voucher.
2. Study for the exam using resources within this guide. If you want to take an exam that isn't listed in this guide, please Ask a Librarian for assistance with study materials.
3. Check GetCertified to see if you need to complete the required course. Many of the popular exams are listed in GetCertified, meaning you must complete the review material by at least an 85% within 45 days to qualify for a voucher. You can also check the table of contents for your exam, if it's on this guide. If you see GetCertified in the table of contents, then you must complete the GetCertified materials.
4. Request your voucher. If you completed the review materials in GetCertified, you will request the voucher through this resource- see your exam guide for more details. If the exam you want to take is not in GetCertified, contact your campus administration for details on the voucher request process.
5. Schedule your exam. Once you receive your voucher, you can take your exam either on campus, at a local testing center, or online (if available).
GetCertified™ is a certification study and voucher request platform which ECPI University students and alumni can use to prepare for select business and IT certification exams.
Testers will use a GetCertified “course” to finalize their exam prep and demonstrate to ECPI University that they’re ready to test. After completing the required training, testers will also use GetCertified to request a voucher and making their exam payment.
When reviewing specific exam information within this guide, GetCertified information will be included only when that exam is part of GetCertified.
Some exams on the ECPI University Approved List of Certifications are marked with a ribbon symbol:
These exams are eligible for the Career Advancement Bookstore Award. If you pass one of these exams as an active student, you may receive a gift card for $100 to the ECPI University Online Store to purchase university merchandise. If you have an existing balance on your account, the $100 may be applied to your balance.
This award is only available to currently enrolled students- it does not apply to graduates or alumni.
Written by Dr Keith Morneau, Dean of Computer & Information Science
Video course in O'Reilly by Jason Dion
To help close the cybersecurity skills gap, CyberSeek provides detailed, actionable data about supply and demand in the cybersecurity job market.